Friday, April 10, 2009

Drawing near.

Hello!
  "Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said,
'sacrifices and offerings you have not desired, but a body you have
prepared for me'...'Then I said, Behold, I have come to do your will,
O God.' ... 'by that will, we have been sanctified through the
offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." Heb 10:5,7,10

Wow, one body, lots of undeserved torture, shame, pain, blood,
and death. All that for us ...... for me. Praise Him for that Friday
so many years ago. All the world is drawn to that day. Every person
makes a choice based on what happened that weekend so long ago. It is Friday. Saturday is the day of confusion, grief, loss of hope and
focus, separation and fear. Praise God that Sunday came! Bright and
early, before the sun was even up, the Son was alive. A heart of
thankfulness beats in me - how about you?
  "Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of
faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our
bodies washed with pure water." Heb 10:22
 
Lord, I believe with my head and I feel it in my heart. Help my unbelief when I don't draw near because I am afraid.  Afraid that what my evil conscience says - that I will be condemned -is true.  Help me draw near with that full assurance of faith, knowing that forgiveness is only found in you. Thank you, Lord, for making it possible and for drawing me near to you by that truly good friday so long ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment