Due to technical difficulties I was unable to post this last week. I hope you enjoy it anyway!
This week I am spending time in Switzerland for a missionary retreat called Breathe. It has been a wonderful time to just spend soaking in God's goodness and taking time to breathe before jumping into work for my furlough/ home assignment. The week has been full of times to worship, spend time with God in His Word, meet with a doctor, a counselor and to get a massage.
I have had many things to give thanks for this week and I can't number them all. So, this is just a numbering of a few of them. Enjoy!
568. A good time to catch up with Tammie Harvey. Neither of us thought to take a photo. We were having too much fun chatting :).
569. No delays on the plane leaving Nairobi.
570. I was able to sleep a little on the plane!
gifts bent, beautiful and loved
571. Bent - my mind after 24 hours in airports, planes, trains, a van and finally here.
572. Beautiful - This place with a view of His majestic mountains.
573. Loved - Me by so many people who gave up vacation time to come serve us here!
574. I met the Harrises in Bern unexpectedly and we navigated the last part of the train trip together.
575. The sound of the wind rustling in the leaves of the trees.
gifts in light
576. The mountains by morning light.
577. Light on the trees seen on my walk today.
578. Tiny strawberries and flowers along my walking path today in the afternoon light.
579. The light of his love sung together this morning in worship.
580. God's provision to feed our souls is so valuable and yet comes without cost to us. Isaiah 55; 1 Kings 19:5-7
581. A fun game with folks at the retreat.
582. A quick car tour of Wilderswil and Interlaken West with others on errands.
583. I wandered around Wilderswil today - such a pretty little town.
584. A nectarine! So sweet to taste.
585. around a table - about 100 other people gathered here for meals at the Breathe conference.
gifts in water, words and white
586. Beautiful waterfalls on our day trip up into the mountains of Switzerland.
587. Ps. 121:1-2 - Such beauty in the mountains, valleys, wildflowers and waterfalls today.
588. White snow on the mountains and white/ gray river water from glacier sediment and melt.
gifts in someone older than you
589. Lisolette - a retired nurse who learned massage and gave her time today to give me one!
590. Larry and James - two volunteers who had errands to run, but let me ride along. They even made sure that I got a magnet for my fridge magnet collection. :)