(Just as a side note, I wrote this on Tuesday. I had problems getting my internet to upload the pictures. I uploaded one Tuesday night and one Wednesday night. Finally, today (Friday) I have been able to get them uploaded because I am in Nairobi and the internet is better. Thanks, Lord, that it worked! )
gifts at 8 am, 12 pm, 8 pm
500. Pumpkin bread for breakfast.
501. Seeing drama's about blessing children in culturally appropriate ways in Wendy's class.
"Hannah, baby Samuel & Eli" - child dedication
502. Dinner & prayer at Woods' house with a group of single ladies living in and around Arusha, TZ.
503. Baby and Mom in blue at the training.
504. Mt. Meru against the blue sky.
505. Blue beaded trivet.
506. A prayer service with the families training at the center. So cool to see the children laying hands on each other and agreeing in prayer with their parents!
2 gifts given
507. A smile.
508. Asante - thanks!
509. My niece's 25th birthday is today. What a blessing she has been in my life!
510. A visit to Wild Hope's bead shop and the Cultural Heritage shops in Arusha.
511. Colobus monkeys.
512. Fig Tree Arch.
513. Giraffes! My favorite African wild animal.
514. A wonderful day celebrating and viewing God's creation at Arusha National Park with Wendy.
515. Some new clothes - African style :).
516. A sweet gift from Mama Susie who made my clothes.
517. Wendy sacrificing her Saturday of rest to take me around town again when she really did not feel well!
gifts in conversation
518. Lunch and catching up with the Russels
519. No problems getting back into Kenya - even welcomed home :).
520. A wonderful host and friend - many good chats over the days I was here!
gifts found in Christ (all from Zeph 3:17)
I loved this picture of God dancing.
521. Forgiveness - He is mighty to save.
521. Forgiveness - He is mighty to save.
522. Love/ acceptance - He quiets you/me with His love.
523. Being sung and danced over! He rejoices (sings and dances) over you/ me with gladness.
gift of peace, hope and love
524. Peace in the waiting even when I am impatient.
525. The God of Hope fills me with Joy and I abound in hope! Rom. 15:13
526. The sadness of a friend when I told of my coming leave to the States for several months - love.
527. A fun celebration of Aidan's birthday.
528. A chance to sort my plastic ware cabinet. Ugly all over the table, but beautiful when stored properly with extra containers/ lids thrown away!
529. Ugly sinful me made beautiful and clean by the Savior!
gifts in what I'm reading
530. At The Still Point - a devotional to help draw me closer during this 'ordinary' time.
531. The Word that speaks to me each day as I seek Him.
532. A fun novel that lets me imagine my Chewy being able to speak and tell me what he is thinking. :)
533. Empty syringes - 2 of my animals successfully vaccinated with Eric's help. 1 to go on Monday.
534. An empty coke bottle - a refreshing break from quicken entries!
535. Me at the end of the day knowing I need to make 'space' for Him once again.
gifts that made you really smile
536. "My kids" came for lunch! Spaghetti and Turkana kids are an interesting mix.
537. The giggles as the kids watched 'Peter Pan.'
538. Ikai and Nancy walked with me before going back to boarding school after lunch and the movie.
539. The kids skyping with my parents. The smiles were so wide on both sides!
540. A not so big smile - oh how I will miss these kids!!!
541. A day to rest and worship.
542. Kakalei's smile coming from church.
543. A large part of my financial reports done! I really don't like doing them, so I'm always so glad when I get them done :).
544. Dinner and Euchre with Gene and interns. What fun and so good to see Gene back here!
545. I won something really fun! A Joy in a basket! My smile is wide and enduring :).
Thanks for taking the time to read my list! I am going to try to fly standby on Sunday night (17th) to head to Switzerland for a missionary retreat and then on to the U.S. for furlough. I am hoping to spend the extra two days with some long lost cousins (our many times great grandfathers were brothers) if I can get on the plane. I'd appreciate your prayers that this might happen.