Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Laundry day ESL song

Hello!

Here is a little song I came up with to help my students remember what they do when the wash their clothes. I hope you enjoy it. It goes to the tune of some song that I can't remember the name of, but I a sure you will figure it out :)

This is how I wash my clothes …Wash my clothes … Wash my clothes. This is how I wash my clothes here on laundry day.

First I have to sort the clothes … Sort the clothes …Sort the clothes. First I have to sort the clothes so white doesn’t go pink!

Then I have to scrub the clothes … Scrub the clothes … Scrub the clothes. Then I have to scrub the clothes with water and soap.

Next I get to rinse the clothes … Rinse the clothes … Rinse the clothes. Next I get to rinse the clothes in clean water.

Then I have to wring the clothes … Wring the clothes … Wring the clothes. Then I have to wring the clothes so the water comes out.

Next I get to hang the clothes … Hang the clothes … Hang the clothes. Next I get to hang the clothes to dry on the line.

Then I must fold the clothes … Fold the clothes … Fold the clothes. Then I must fold the clothes when they are dry.

Sometimes I will iron the clothes … Iron the clothes … Iron the clothes. Sometimes I will iron the clothes to get the wrinkles out.

Then I must put them away … Put them away … Put them away. Then I must put them away to finish laundry day.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like "Here we go round thew Mulberry Bush" to me Lynn.

    Ironically, with out new building going up, they cut our hundreds of years old Mulberry down. :-( They replanted the stump elswhere on our site... but it'll be many a year before I get to eat Mulbverry crumble again.

    Tim.

    ReplyDelete