Sunday, February 22, 2009

Power & Generators

This past week, the generators in town all broke at the same time.
The one that was working was shut off to have a service done on it.
It usually takes about half an hour and then they turn it back on and
we have power again. This time, when they finished the service they
couldn't get it started. So, we had no power for about 30 hours.
That may not seem bad to those of you caught in the recent power
outages in the Eastern U.S. I understand you had power out for a
number of days in freezing cold weather. However, don't forget that
this is the hottest time of year here. It is over 100 most days in my
house. That means that anything you have in a freezer is going to
thaw and start to go bad. It also means no fans to help with the
heat. Thankfully, I do have a working generator for times like
these. They don't happen real often, but when they do, it is good to
have a back up system.
Life is like that too, don't you think? Some people don't have
a back up system. They have nowhere to turn when trouble comes their
way. I am thankful for the Lord who is always there no matter what is
going on in my life. He is the true power and generates true life.
Have a great day as you think on these things!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ms. Pottenger,
    I visited Lodwar last August on a medical mission trip. Gene and Melba Morden loved us while we were there! I would like to contact them. Do you have an email address for them? I am trying to help one of our translators pay high school tuition in Lodwar and need guidance. If the Mordens are no longer in Lodwar, can you give me info about how to contact the school? thanks, Joy Allen - Spartanburg SC First Baptist North Spartanburg -
    check out my photo memories of our trip at youtube - serach turkana or lodwar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy's email
    joy@soldallen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to let us know what is going on.

    ReplyDelete