Thursday, December 31, 2009

RAIN!

Hello!

Praise the Lord with me because the very dry land of Turkana is finally getting rain! It is wonderful but it also can cause problems. Pray it comes in gentle, long rains instead of short pounding ones. That way the ground can soak up the rain and not flood everything.

I am in Eldoret (Kenya highlands) where I came for Christmas. I was to travel home tomorrow, but because of the rain, I am having to delay that return. The very bad road has a lot of vehicles stuck in the mud. I have also heard that two bridges/ riverbed crossings are washed out. So, passing through them will be difficult if not impossible for right now. Even so, I am so thankful for the rain! I can live with having my plans changed. You learn early in this missionary life (maybe in yours too) that you must be very flexible as God often changes your plans. There is less stress if you just learn to go with his plans and not worry about yours when they conflict!

This is my last post for the year. I hope everyone has a wonderful 2010! Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment