Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Hello!

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to my blog. In short, I have been on vacation. My birthday is in early April. So, I decided to take a week long vacation at the beach. I went for a retreat with some other missionaries and took a few extra days to enjoy the beauty of God's creativity with the ocean. I was able to go snorkeling one day and really enjoyed the variety and blazing colors of the fish and sea life. The Indian ocean is nice and clear and has a white sandy beach. It is a beautiful place to relax and contemplate God's goodness!

After my week at the beach, I was going to shop in Nairobi for a day or two and then fly home to Turkana. Alas, there were no flights until the end of the next week. So, I had to spend some time enjoying the sights and sounds of Nairobi. Visiting with fellow missionaries, eating out, eating in some meals I didn't cook, seeing some movies, window shopping, and just generally enjoying my time there. It was a nice unexpected little holiday added on to the planned one.

So, now I am home and ready to jump back into normal life. It was good to be away, but I am happy to be home, to catch up with friends and to get back to work. Oh, I forgot to say that I enjoyed a special blessing while in Nairobi. I found canned Dr. Pepper! I haven't seen it in the stores since the end of 2008. So, this was a real treat! God is really good to his children - a nice vacation, extra time in Nairobi and Dr. Pepper. Happy Birthday Lynn :).

No comments:

Post a Comment