Saturday, October 16, 2010

Why?

Hello!

Why is it when you make plans to do something, inevitably something else comes up and keeps you from doing it?  This week it has been one thing after another that has kept me from my plan for the week.  Okay, maybe not the whole week, but it sure seems that way looking at it from the end of the week.  I wonder what I did this week, since I didn't get done what I wanted to get done.  Do you have weeks like that?

I was supposed to work on my next english lesson.  The class is next week.  I have worked on it some, but I still feel like there is so much to do and it is Saturday night already!  One problem is that I am trying to do a movie based ESL lesson this next week.  It is a really cool program that I have had and wanted to use.  I decided to start it this next week.  It tells the story of the Bible in about 14 lessons - as a movie with ESL activities to help the students "get it."  I think I can cover one or two lessons this next week.  The biggest problem has come in trying to get my computer to sync with my TV.  I had a friend help, but we couldn't get it to show up in color.  Next option was to borrow a projector and speakers.  Of course, there were problems with getting the correct cords and making it all work together.  We finally got it done, but between the two attempts it probably took a whole day of my time.  Other days I spent doing necessary shopping, house stuff, "visiting" with random visitors who stopped by to chat and ask for my help.  In between those things I worked on the lesson.  I also spent time one day going to the "bush" and helping some teammates who were sick.  All these are good things and I wouldn't change what I did, it just means I feel a bit behind.

I feel less organized going into this lesson.  I still have time to get it ready.  The actual teaching doesn't start until Tuesday.  Even so, it is a new thing and I really wanted to spend more time getting it figured out.  I know it will work out fine - but - I am discombobulated.  So, keep me in your prayers as I try to work out the whys and hows of this next lesson.  I hope to make it a fun and encouraging week.  Pray God will help me get more organized.  I think my students will love that it is a movie.  Hopefully they will go away excited that they will be able (eventually) to watch and understand a whole movie in English.

Thanks for reading my thoughts.  I'm not complaining - just wishing for more time :)  I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment