Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Multinational Thanksgiving

Hello!

Happy Thanksgiving!  Okay, I know I am a bit early, but I celebrated Thanksgiving last night with some wonderful friends.  I was the only American present, but we all entered into the spirit of Thanksgiving.  I celebrated with people from Kenya, England, and the Netherlands.  It was a great evening of fun and food.  We had many of the traditional trimmings - green bean casserole, potatoes, apple salad, pasta salad, pumpkin pie and cherry pie.  Our main course was beef kabobs and barbecue chicken.  It was all very yummy!  Our barbecue grill was made out of a semi-truck (called a lorry here) wheel rim.  It worked very well.

We spent the evening under the stars chatting about the meaning of Thanksgiving and then on to many other topics.  We talked a lot about history.  My old brain was working overtime trying to remember my history lessons about several events from by-gone years.  Thankfully, the mosquitoes were not bad and we were able to sit out in a newly designed sitting area at Theo and Kaby's house (some fellow missionaries).

I hope you are all enjoying a great week and are full of thanksgiving to our Lord for who He is and what He has done for us!  blessings to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Lorry..... yup. That is indeed the correct word. Your students have learnt excellent English! :-)

    Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, I guess you could say that I learnt excellent English since I call it a lorry now too :). Of course when I am in America I call them semis (sim eyes). That term just doesn't seem to apply to the lorries here.

    ReplyDelete