Friday, June 17, 2011

a new stove

Hello!

I decided I needed to get a new stove.  My old one belonged to another missionary.  I inherited it 14 years ago.  I have been smelling gas in the mornings when I went into my small kitchen for a while now.  My friend and I have tried to find the leak.  I bought a new hose hoping the old one had a hole we couldn't see.  The gas wasn't strong.  My house is very open so the smell dissipated pretty quickly each morning.  Even so, I decided it is better to be safe than sorry.  So, I took the plunge and got a new stove while I was in Nairobi earlier this month.  I wanted to show you the stove and my favorite feature.  Enjoy the pictures!

My new stove - it has a glass lid



my favorite part - an electric starter.  No more matches!
At least when the power is on anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment