This listing of gifts is a wonderful way to increase my awareness of the goodness of the Lord all around me every day. I hope that in my listing of a few of my gifts, that you are encouraged to look around you and see how the Lord has blessed your life every day too! Enjoy my counting of the gifts and the pictures.
591. Rain yesterday and today - it is what makes this place so green!
592. Sleeping with the sound of rain and a "rain river" running outside my window.
593. Time to explore a bit of Interlaken town today on my own.
594. A nice compliment to savor.
595. A Scottish Ceildh dance right here in Switzerland - a fun time of folk dancing.
596. A time to consider the wonder of His grace.
597. A nice walk in the woods.
598. Exploring a church and enjoying a snack of food and the Word.
599. Pondering God's goodness and grace to this sinner!
gifts small, big and just right
600. The kids performed for us this evening. Small bodies, but big hearts.
601. Big - Celebrating the Lord's Supper together with this community of missionaries before we all depart to our separate homes/ ministry locations.
602. Just right - This time for retreat to just breathe in God's goodness.
603. A wonderful afternoon out seeing a palace and a multi-leveled waterfall. Such wonderful creations give to us to enjoy by our amazing God.
604. I managed the train and getting to the airport. I even had time to get some chocolate gifts.
605. Beautiful countryside seen through train windows.
606. Safe flights and finally home!
607. Prime rib steak and salad at Texas Roadhouse - Yum!
608. Happy birthday, Mom!
609. Time worshipping the Lord with the GMCC church family.
610. Singing patriotic songs and being thankful for this land that I love.
611. Waking up way too early and being reminded that this land isn't my body's home just yet.
612. Visiting Costco. This is the land of plenty!
613. Seeing deer in our front yard.
gifts in faith, family and freedom
614. Trusting for the future because of the truth in Ps. 116:7
615. Time with my parents and the Taylors who came for dinner today.
616. So many choices here - a sign of our freedom.
gifts in red, white and blue
617. Cherry juice found on the way to Estes Park today.
618. Hard cherry candies packed in a white sack.
619. My blue flowery flag shirt.
620. Little Daisy Mae - a TN short legged beagle belonging to the Taylors. Daisy Mae got so much attention today in Estes Park that she fell asleep on the way home.
621. Starbucks PTL (passion tea lemonade) - A yummy drink and a reminder to praise the Lord all in one.
622. Steak-N-Shake - my first for this furlough and it is in Denver now!
623. Curly hair! :)
gifts of enthusiasm
624. Going to the men's prayer breakfast and hearing their enthusiasm for prayer and missions.
625. Me enthusiastic about picking up my car. Not so enthusiastic about the price of getting it ready for furlough.
626. The eye doctor was very enthusiastic about explaining all about the eye as I got a check up.
627. New wheels so my car doesn't shake, new tires, wind shield wipers, air filter and an oil change.
628. Seeing a whole herd of elk on the way home from picking up my car.
629. Getting to see the Nagle family and say goodbye to David as he gets ready for a deployment.
630. Seeing lots of friends I haven't seen in a while at David's going away open house.
631. A gully washer rain and hail as evidenced by our driveway being in the road.
632. My first church reporting interview today for this furlough and it went well.
633. A fun lunch with about 25 of the GMCC church family today.
634. A Sunday afternoon nap!
635. Chicken biscuit on the way to an appointment this morning.
636. New glasses.
637. A nice high altitude walk this afternoon at my 8500 ft. home. The air was thin, but the flowers were pretty.
The Lord has been so very good to me and I am happy to celebrate his many gifts!