Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Truck!

Well, it is time to tell about my truck. The Lord has always been so
good in providing for my every need. I hope that all of you realize
the same is true for you too! Before I even arrived in Kenya, I heard
about a vehicle that the Maasai team of CMF was going to sell. It is
a 2004 Toyota Hilux, double-cab, four wheel drive vehicle. That is
almost exactly like my former truck. There are a few significant
differences. This one is of course newer :). It also has two bucket
seats in front instead of one bench seat. It has a better suspension
which means it has a better ride. That is nice to have since the road
to Turkana is only getting worse not better! It has power steering
which is very important for my poor shoulder and it has air
conditioning which is an added bonus in the heat of Turkana! It does
have a fiberglass shell over the back end. The difference is that it
has some side seats in it. I am not sure yet if I like them, but they
are there anyway. It will be good for hauling people but maybe not so
good for hauling things or charcoal. There are few little things that
need to be fixed up, but all in all it is a true blessing.
I am so glad that I did not have to go shopping for a vehicle in
Nairobi! The new ones were way out of my price range, but this one is
just right! So, give thanks with me that the Lord provided again for
my vehicle need! It is hard to imagine another name for this truck
other than JJ #2 (Jehovah Jireh - the Lord provides), but if any of
you think of a name you think I should consider, then let me know. I
will be happy to consider all entries. Sorry, I don't know how to
post pictures when I send my blog as an e-mail so you will have to
wait for a prayer newsletter to see it. It is white (like most
vehicles here in Kenya) with a couple of gold stripes down each side.
I guess that is all for now. I hope to write again later this week!
Blessing on you all as you celebrate Thanksgiving. Add in a praise
for God's provision in all of our lives!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment