Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Season

Hello!
   The season of advent and Christmas are upon us. This always seems a
bit of a crazy time of year to me when I am in the U.S. When I am in
Turkana it doesn't seem so hectic. That isn't to say that I am not
busy, but it is a different kind of busy. What kind of food stuff do
I want to give out to friends, workers and dancers and singers? How
do I help keep the focus on his birth and the meaning of his coming
into our lives? That is one we all have to work at.
   I am currently reading in Exodus and Matthew.  It struck
me that in all the instructions about how to make the tabernacle and
the things in and around it, that God gave the people a reason why he
brought them out of Egypt. It is the same reason why he came to earth
as a baby in a manger and died on a cross.
Exodus 29:46 says, "And they shall know that I am the LORD their God,
who brought them out of the land of Egypt that I might dwell among
them. I am the LORD their God."

    God wanted a relationship with his people even then. He wanted to
dwell among them. He was able to do that fully only through his son,
Jesus. As we celebrate the season may we remember it is about a
relationship with God. That relationship was made possible through
Jesus in the manger and on the cross. May He dwell with us every day
and may we anticipate his daily coming into our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment