Friday, December 12, 2008

A week in review

Hello!
This week has been busy.  Sorry I didn't get this posted on Tuesday night like I have the others.  I had some of my sponsored elementary school students read the book The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis last week.  Then I let them watch the video on Monday.  They had fun seeing what they had read.  I think it also helped them understand what a faun, beaver, wolf and other such animals were.  After the movie I fixed a nice lunch for them and handed out some Christmas presents.  It was a fun day!
Tuesday I held my Christmas party for my workers.  I had a nice beef stew for them to eat (4 pounds of meat for 5 people).  I also got some 100 pound bags of beans and sugar, 50 pound bags of rice, corn meal, and flour, 24 one pound tubs of fat, tea leaves and salt for them to split between them for their Christmas meals.  They also enjoyed receiving the clothes that I got for them before I came back to Kenya.
Wednesday I drove from Lodwar to Eldoret.  The road is so bad it took me 9 hours.  It really needs some attention, but I know it won't get it anytime soon, so I will just have to endure.  Thankfully, when I got a bit closer to Eldoret I was able to see green growing things.  That is always a highlight of that trip.  I also got to enjoy the orange flame trees, purple jacaranda trees and bright red poinsettia tree.  Seeing colors other than brown and dusty green are wonderful!
Yesterday and today, I have been working on getting my paperwork caught up.  I was all ready to do it in Turkana, but my printer would not work.  So, I had to wait until I got here where I could use a different printer.  So, I am now caught up to the end of October this year.  I will have to work on November this next week while I am in Nairobi.  I will drive there tomorrow.  That road is much better than the Lodwar to Eldoret one, so I will hopefully get to Nairobi in about 5 or 6 hours.  
I am headed to Nairobi to meet with David Giles and to do a bit of Christmas shopping.  So, that is about it for this week.  I hope all is well with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment