Saturday, May 23, 2009

Travel day

Hello!
       I spent today traveling to Eldoret.  That is normally a grueling day filled with bouncing around and trying to keep my truck all in one piece.  Today it was more of the same.  All was going well until I stopped for lunch.  After a lunch of sandwich and chips I got into the truck to do the rest of the trip.  Only problem was that it wouldn't start.  I checked all I know to check and it still wouldn't start.  I happened to be on a very steep hill.  So, I had to let the truck roll backwards down the hill and jump it to get it going.  After that, I was afraid to turn the truck off until I got to Eldoret where I could get it looked at.
      I arrived in Eldoret around 4:15.  I went right to the garage instead of unloading at the house first.  It still took until 6 to get it working.  The mechanic decided it was the battery.  It started fine that morning, so I was sure it would be my starter or the alternator.  He assures me that those are both fine.  I had to wait 30 minutes for them to charge the battery once we got it and it didn't start the truck.  Once it was charged, I was good to go the last 5 minutes of the trip.
      Needless to say, I am pretty tired and sore from the trip.  Please pray that all goes well on Monday.  I have to take the truck to get it cleaned up, checked out and then inspected by the local authorities.  Pray that I can get it all done on Monday.  I hope to head to Nairobi on Tuesday so I can be there for the high school graduation of some of our CMF kids.  I'll be doing a bit of grocery shopping and re-supplying and then I will head back to Turkana around the first.  So, thanks for your prayers and keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment