Tuesday, June 30, 2009

This month

Hello!
      Well, this month has seemed to fly by and I have not been so good about updating my blog.  So, I will try to do so in one big one.  Sorry about that!
      I started the month with a visit from seven people from Blue Springs Christian Church in Missouri.  That was a wonderful visit.  They helped me teach my fourth ESL week of class.  The students loved having extra people to practice with and I think the visitors had a fun time in class too.  They also held a two day VBS for the church here in Lodwar.  The kids loved the extra attention and they especially enjoyed blowing train whistles that the group brought for them.  These folks also painted the inside of our church building.  It looks wonderful - so fresh and bright!  What a blessing they were to the Turkana people!!!
     They were here for a week.  It was a wonderful time of encouragement and refreshment for me and the Turkana folks.  I was able to meet them again after they left Turkana before they headed back to the States.  They went on a safari and then I met them in Nairobi.  It was nice to hear all the fun they had on Safari and hear their thoughts on how the trip went!
     The two weeks since the group left have been spent getting my house back in order and catching up on regular, mundane type work.  So, not a lot of interesting things - just fixing messed up plumbing and a few such things like that.  
      I have been enjoying the ladies choir that sings at our church on Sundays.  They just started recently.  They are the ladies that get together for Bible Study on Fridays each week.  They just decided that they wanted to form a choir too.  So, they practice a few songs after Bible study and then sing wonderfully on Sundays.  I love hearing the Turkana songs that tell Bible stories and they have been singing several of them lately.  
      So, that is about it for now.  I will try to be more regular next month!  I hope all is well with you!
      Blessings to you in the Lord!  

No comments:

Post a Comment