Saturday, January 29, 2011

White as snow

Hello!

I recently spent time in the States.  I was mainly in the heartlands - Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana and Michigan.  I traveled and saw a lot of snow.  For those of you who know me, I love snow and the winter months.  Pretty much any of the seasons but summer are my favorites.  So, I was happy to be able to see some snow while I was home.

I know that many of you may be tired of the stuff by now, but I really enjoyed it even when I was slipping and sliding in it.  I was a bit scared, but I enjoyed it none the less.  Anyway, since snow is not a common sight for me, I got to thinking about it.  It brought to mind Isaiah 1:18.  That says, "Come now and let us reason together says the Lord: though your sins be as Scarlet, they shall be white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be white as wool."

Snow when it first falls and accumulates can make a winter wonderland.  It is so pure and beautiful.  Then people walk in it or drive in it and it gets dirty.  If it snows again, then the pristine white comes back for a time.  So, I was pondering this and thinking how glad I am that we have a Saviour who promises to make us white like snow.  Not when it is old and dirty, but when it is in all its glorious whiteness.  This thought kept coming back to me the whole time I was in the States seeing the snow.  So, I thought I better share it so I can get on with things now that I am home in Turkana.

What are your thoughts on snow?  Good, bad or indifferent?  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment