Sunday, January 30, 2011

A God Thing

Hello!

Do you ever have things that happen that you know were just God Things?  Well, that is what I call them anyway.  One time I was on furlough and traveling to my parents home and needed a rest stop.  So, I pulled in to the next one I saw - just inside the Colorado state line.  As I was getting out of my car and walking toward the restroom, I heard my name called.  Now who in the world would know me in this rest stop along the highway?  I hadn't traveled with anyone.  But there it was, someone calling my name and they knew me.  When I looked, it was an old college friend.  He and his family had been in Colorado visiting family and were on their way back east.  It was a God thing.  An unplanned moment when the unexpected and happy thing happens.  When you ponder it out, there is just no way it was a coincidence.  It had to be orchestrated by our great God.

So, I had another such God thing happen when I was in the States over Christmas.  I went with my brother to his local mall.  We were shopping for Christmas presents and had split up.  He decided to get some goodies to take back home for the rest of the family and called me on my phone to have me meet him in that shop.  Even the name is a bit funny when I think about it.  It was called "Paradise Bakery."  So, I went to meet him there.  We were just getting our coats on to leave when all of a sudden I heard my name called out and not by my brother.  It was not lunch time so the place wasn't busy.  Two women had just walked in and one of them had called my name.  It was a friend from High School and College. She doesn't live in that town.  She just stopped by with her mother-in-law to get a treat or maybe a late lunch.  We would not have gotten to see each other during my short visit if not for this "accidental" meeting.  Anyway, it was another God thing.  It was unplanned and unpredictable.  It was a little extra blessing from the Lord.  It had me smiling for the rest of the day and still does when I think about it.

How about you?  Had any God Things happen to you lately?  It doesn't have to be meeting old friends - just some unexpected little blessing that only God could have orchestrated?  I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment: