As I stated in my last post I am trying to have an attitude of gratitude this month. I started with being grateful for teammates. Here are a few of the things I have been grateful for this last week.
1) teammates, good food and water
2) That God is good no matter what shocking things may happen - he is with us through it all
3) good meetings, short & sweet, spending time with friends, praying with one another
4) hot, windy & dusty days of storms - they make me appreciate the only hot days :)
5) School kids, laughter & play and books that make me think.
6) Chatting with my bff & college roomie, having little boys seek out my lap for church
7) prayer wariors, seeing God's work from a distance & praising him, making cookies
8) getting stuff done and still time for relaxing
So, there you have it so far in February. How about you what are you grateful for?
Interested in the books I was talking about? I am reading In the Presence of my Enemies by Gracia Burnham - about her & her husbands captivity in the Philippines. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp is where the attitude of gratitude idea started. I am reading both of these books as part of online book clubs and I highly recommend both of them. Another one I am reading slowly just because I know the author is Approaching God by Lisa Repko Borden (she was a former teammate in the late 90's here in Kenya). This one has made me think and has ties into something I taught in my last ESL class about Adam & Eve in the garden after they sinned. I read it the other night and am amazed how God ties things together for us even in what we are reading :).
How about you? What are you reading that you would recommend?