Thursday, December 8, 2011

Finished Nativity sets & kids' Christmas

One of the Nativity sets the boys finished.
Here is the finished product of the four boys' Nativity project.  They had to wait a week to finish with the baby Jesus, but they had fun making them and playing with them afterwards.


Ichwa playing with Joseph & Mary

Lopeto saying, "Look at mine!"






Idi having fun.





Ekusi playing it cool
The girls were also able to finish their Nativity project after a two day wait for the glue to dry.  We had some rain, so that kept the glue from drying faster.  I had some problems with the girls' Nativity sets, so that is when I switched to the wood ones for the boys.  Anyway, here is the finished product for the girls.

Baby Jesus


  
simple Nativity from things in Turkana

When the kids came to collect these, I had a little Christmas party for them.  I made american style pancakes with syrup for them.  They enjoyed eating them as it was their first time to have syrup.  Then I passed out some goodies that I bought for them and that a visitor left for them.  I also had them tell me the Christmas story to make sure they understood what these Nativity sets represented.  I think they had a good time and I know I did.  

Christmas with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment