I read the book One Thousand Gifts: A Dare To Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp last year in February. I wrote then about some of the things I was thankful for. But, as these things seem to go, I got out of the habit almost as quickly as I got into it. This year Ann has issued a "dare" on her blog to anyone who wants to take it. The dare is to list 1000 gifts of things we are thankful for this year. So, I am going to try to do that. To help, I am going to list my thanks here every Monday or as often as I can. So, here is my list so far.
1-1-12 list 3 things you about yourself you are thankful for -
- Thanks for my name "Lynn" and its meaning.
- Thanks that you, Lord, delight in me when I don't always feel so delightful.
- My nose is a gift from you - how it looks and what it does for me :)
4. Seeing a little boy @5? holding a little girl's hand @3 on the side of the road as I traveled to Lodwar.
5. The audio story of Hannah Coulter on my Ipod as I drove
6. Rooster pizza ready to eat after a long drive home (in my cooler from Eldoret)
1-3-12 3 graces to you
7. Lorry drivers who stopped to help yesterday!
8. A child's "thank you"
9. Friends in the States ok after what could have been a bad accident
1-4-12 A gift old, new and blue
10. The Cross!
11. A Kindle!
12. My blue room & blue clothes - my favorite color :)
1-5-12 something you're reading, making, seeing
13. Henri Nouwen's Bread for the Journey
14. A colorful lunch - carrots, cabbage, mushroom, spring onion, & Ramen
15. A child's smile for a simple biscuit (cookie).
1-6-12 Something in your bag (didn't have one), fridge, & heart
16. Colby cheese found in Nairobi at Christmas!
17. In my mouth - an ice cold Dr. Pepper also found in Nairobi at Christmas! YUM!
18. Questions and Hope - thanks for both!
1-7-12 Graces from people you love (& an accomplishment + by me)
19. Kid's enjoying & wearing new swimsuits I gave them in a new little pool
20. Teammates' welcoming smiles.
21. dreaded receipts entered through Dec - now on to reports!
1-8-12 My own thanks (not from the dare calendar help)
22. Little Boys dressed in new clothes for church in Turkana.
23. Apples and Cheese (the colby from above) - Yum!
24. My friend came to church! - unexpected.
1-9-12 a gift in your hand, a gift you walked by, and a gift you found
25. A package for "my" Turkana kids in the mail!
26. Sleeping Chewy up high.
27. Zucchini in town & in my bag!
Okay, I probably won't put the suggested things every time, but thought it might help this time. I am supposed to link this up with Ann's site but I am not sure how to do that. I am also supposed to put her button on here. I hope how I think I am to do that works :). If you would like to join the dare - check out Ann's blog at
Okay, I guess that didn't work. Anyone want to help me figure out how to get this button on my post?