Until then, I am busy preparing my lesson for class and doing some unpacking and packing. I brought a truck load of things from the house we closed down in Eldoret. So, I am unpacking that stuff and deciding what needs to be packed to take on furlough and what should stay here. Then I have to find places for the things that need to stay here since we have had an Eldoret house since I came to Kenya in 1996. Those things were always there - so now I must find where they should go here :).
In the midst of all my travels, I have continued to count the blessings of the Lord. This helps me to be thankful and joyful each day. It also makes the hard days seem a little less difficult, since I can see that I am blessed beyond measure! I hope you enjoy my list.
3 gifts tasted
403. Chicken Caesar salad at one of my favorite restaurants in Nairobi. Greens are available in Nairobi - YUM!
404. Iced tea to quench the high altitude thirst.
405. Homemade pizza at the Caziers' house tonight.
3 gifts flat
406. My computer screen that connects me to the world.
407. The nicely paved road that I drove on from Nairobi to Eldoret today.
408. A round table that I ate dinner on with my friends, the Edapals.
3 gifts found in difficult people
409. The opportunity for a new friend to stand firm in the face of an abusive official.
410. The chance to pray for her strength for another meeting tomorrow and for the official.
411. A chance to examine my own life when dealing with such people.
gifts before 9 am
412. A chance to sleep in a little before packing up my truck.
413. The power was off and then came back quickly - a good reminder to be thankful for what I normally take for granted!
414. The beautiful birdsong and bright sun this morning and no rain until after I had my truck packed!
a sign, a smile and a snack
415. New kelly greens in Turkana - a sign that there was rain here while I was gone.
416. This sign - telling me I was home!
|Yes, I made up the name of the lane and put up the sign :)|
417. The smiles of Kakalei, Paulina and Mary that welcomed me home and helped me unload my very full truck.
418. A chocolate peanut butter bar after my long drive.
|thank the Lord for freezers and that this was in mine!|
419. A safe trip home on a really bad road - 8 hours to go 235 miles - 29 mph average!
3 gifts found in Christ
420. A day of joyful rest in Him.
421. I saw and was encouraged by so many friends in Christ this week!
422. Isaiah 43:1b - I have been redeemed by Him and called by name. I am His!
3 gifts about my home
423. My cat Chewy (Chushanrishathaim) who welcomed me home with glad cries and cuddles.
424. My cool bedroom - thank you Lord for air conditioning to help make sleeping easier!
425. My eclectic pictures in my living room.
426. A great walk this afternoon - cloudy and cool to help ease me back into the habit now I'm home.
I hope you have enjoyed my list. What has been happening in your lives? I'd love to hear of some gifts you are giving thanks for!