Thursday, October 18, 2012

Weeks of Thanks!

As I wrote last week, my time has been full of travel and now settling in to my apartment in Tennessee. As I write this, I will be packing and getting ready for a weekend visit to Canton, Ohio.  So, I am by no means finished with my traveling to report to churches.  I am now, however, in a place that I can use as a base as I travel.

My past few weeks have been full of visiting old friends and making some new ones.  In the process, I have continued to count the gifts that the Lord has given to me each day.  It is my hope that these simple lists of thanks will encourage you to look for your blessings each day as you travel through your life.  They help me to recognize God's hand in my life each day.  It is so easy to miss the gifts if you don't make a choice to look for them each day and realize that they are gifts.  So, I continue to count.  I can't list them all.  There isn't enough space in the whole internet to contain all the blessings that the Lord gives just to me - let alone to you and everyone else in this world.  I just list a few and yet, in this year alone, I am already over 900.  God is very definitely good!  Enjoy the list!

883. A Visit with Aunt Margie.
884. Some wonderful food with Old friends.  Rick really is a great cook!
Me and Chet after a great meal.
885. A beautiful fall drive.
886. A nice apartment ready.

887. ECS visit
888. Milligan café lunch with friends.
889. Bible study with DCC friends.
890. Pondering life “in the air”
891. Dinner with Laura.
892. Laughing, crying and enjoying the Chonda Pierce Concert at Milligan. 
893. Blessed with National Storytelling Festival tickets – wow!  5 huge tents full of people and many wonderful storytellers were there.
really big tents and they were overflowing!


894. A God orchestrated meeting at the festival.
895. Great stories.
896. Dinner with the Dewitts at Babylonia – yum!
897. Barbara McBride Smith’s story of Samson & Delilah.

898. Stories and music with Laura – such fun.
899. Hammer Dulcimer – so cool to hear and see it played!

900.  God’s inspiration – a parachute.
901. Great times at LOCC.
902. That parachute preached!  Go God!
903. Mexican with friends and feeling at home.
904. Cool weather to enjoy.
905. Lunch with an MK “niece.”
906. Printer given and cartridges found.

907. Things unpacked and sorted.
908. A life celebrated.
909. Fall vibrancy

910. Stores close by so I can get what I need easily.
911. A good phone conversation.
912. Food, fellowship and Bible study – a great combination.
913. Life sized Tabernacle.
The burnt altar for sacrifices 
914. Jesus makes us Holy - he is our great high priest.
garments of the high priest
915. We can enter the Holy of Holies everyday because of Jesus.

916. The opportunity to vote.
917. Getting good news.
Gifts read
918. Isaiah 55:2-3

919. Sanctuary Of The Soul by Richard Foster.

920. A walk by a stream.

921. The beauty of fall in the mountains.

922. Worship with loved ones around me.
923. Broccoli cheddar soup – yum!
924. Letter written.
925. Bible study with LOCC friends.
926. Broncos win!! {:-}
927. Japanese food and fun with a friend.
928. Shoes found.
929. Saw and talked with old profs.
930. A place to work.

931. Travels arranged.

Are you keeping your own joy list?  I'd love to know if you are!  Have a blessed week and look for His gifts to you each day.

I'm linking up with Ann and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment