Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Behind, but bursting with thanks!

The past month has been very full of travel for me.  I have reported about the ministry in Turkana in a different church every Sunday.  That has kept me very busy with travel and spending time with my hosts.  It has made it hard for me to find time to sit down and write in my blog.  I logged 3900 miles on my car for the month of September and that is just the long trips, not the local travel once I got to a place.  I have kept up with writing my thanks though, so I will post my thanks list for September 11 - 30th on this post.  Sorry, I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, but I hope you still enjoy the list and are encouraged to keep your own!

828. Newsletter done!  Thanks to the one who gave me the challenge to finish it. :)
829.  Hard memories of a bad day.
830. Taco time with family and friends.

831. Books on CD for long drives.
832. Friends at the end of a long drive

833. Kansas City Barbecue - with an onion ring on top! :)
834. A good long walk and talk.
835. Persian food - a new taste sensation.
836. Fun fellowship with friends.
837. Praying for students and teachers.
838. Pizza with the Owens
839. A fun used bookstore.
840. Blue Springs Fun Fest - laughing and picking up trash.
841. Kettle Korn and a person's thanks gift.
842. I survived being 'miked' to speak at BSCC.
843. 3 services, 3 minutes - whew!
844. A great meeting with the missions team.
845. Bacon :)
2 Gifts ugly- beautiful
846. A long drive, but good books on CD.

847. Long Kansas ended with beautiful Colorful Colorado.
848. Sleeping in.
849. Seeing old friends at a meeting.
850. Sloppy Joes and pickles.
851. A good book finished.
852. Indy arrived safe and sound with 3 cats.
853. Dinner with treasured friends.

854. Eggs in a basket - yum, thanks Mom!
855. Cracked windshield replaced for my upcoming drives.
856. Sorting and giving and selling.
857. Staying with the Mangels = fun times.
picture taken in July
858. Beautiful mountains even with a haze.

859. German food- tasty!
860. Sequences/ connections that God has used in mine and others lives.
861. A great mission fair at ACC.
862. Mongolian BarBQ - strange, but delicious.
863. More sorting, giving and selling.
864. More space to pack!
865. Clothes washed and packed.
866. Vacuum bags so it all fits.
867. Car full, but all ready to move to TN.
868. A long drive done - Wind generator farms seen on the drive.

869. Wonderful Owens with smiles, chatting and a place to rest.
870. An odd audio book finished and pondered on the drive.
871. A journey done for now.
872. Beginner Bible Bowl fun.  :)
873. Cords found to connect my computer to a TV for all to see.

874. A great visit with so many friends and family at an open house.




875. Gifts/ Blessings for His work in Turkana!
876. Thanks Ladonna & Kathy for all your hard work!
877. A bridge blessing for the 'Bridge to Nowhere.'

878. A campfire with friends, hot dogs, and smores.

879. Majesty in petals and wood!  flowers & old barns.




880. A display of His love in words spoken to me.
881. Broncos win!  :)
882. Mark laughing at me yelling at the TV - family togetherness. :)

Well, there is a short list of the many blessings from the Lord that I enjoyed in September.  I hope you are also counting your blessings.  It really does bring more real Joy into your everyday life when you give thanks to the Lord for the many ways He has blessed you!

I'm linking up with Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment