Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mzee update

Hello everyone!
       I thought I would share some good news with you. Mzee went down to Eldoret and visited the doctor there.   When my teammate talked to him on the phone and described the problem, he thought it was probably cancer just like our nurse.  When he examined Mzee, he decided that it is more likely a fungal infection along with a viral infection.  He did some lab tests and then he gave them the medicines to treat it for two weeks and asked them to return so he can make sure that is what it is.
      So, Mzee and his dad came back to Turkana.  They will return in a couple of weeks.  If he is getting better, then that is the end of the story.  If he isn't, then the doctor will do a biopsy to make sure it isn't cancer.  So, the news is really good!  Thanks for your prayers!  Please keep praying that the medicines will help knock out these infections and that he will be better when he has to return to the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment