This past week I saw a long line of ants going in both directions. I followed the line into my mind and thought. We are a lot like ants. We follow those who have gone before us. We do what needs to be done as we walk the line. I wondered if those ants knew where they were going and why they were going there. Did they wonder too? Did they ask?
|A turn on the way|
Seeing the ants was one of my gifts from God this week. I'm listing out a few of the ways God makes himself known in my present, as my present. It is a blessing to me and I hope it is a small one to you as well.
a gift bent, broken & beautiful
208. A long line of ants bent on a specific task.
209. Monday's sweet, beautiful smile as she caught up to me on my walk today.
|Taken in Nov. '11|
210. My "broken" Turkana that is still able to communicate love.
3 gifts in the kitchen
211. My double sided sign - a gift from friends that never fails to bring questions from guest and smiles to my face.
|the kitchen side|
|the dining room side|
212. My newish stove and crockpot that help to make cooking easier!
213. My fridge covered with pictures - the faces of friends all over the world.
214. a gift loud - The hum of the town generator. It is a 15 minute walk away and noisy, but it means I have the many blessings of power.
215. Being able to help a new family adjust to this place just a little.
216. Seeing a cat completely comfortable laying on a gunny sack over greens being sold in a shop in town. Only here :).
217. "Science lesson" with the Harris kids sharing about the line of ants seen again today.
218. A quiet day of reflecting and work.
219. Kakalei's big smile and greeting every first time he sees me in a day.
220. Encouragement from an unexpected source :).
221. Reading Dr. Suess to some of my kids.
222. Playing kick the ball (backwards) with some kids while out walking.
223. Finding Scripturetyper.com to help me with my memory work.
3 Gifts read
224. God's word in Turkana - Joyful praise in their heart language.
225. In the Company of Others - a good read!
226. E-mails from home to brighten the day.
227. Kids on the rocks yelling down greetings.
228. Good prayer time with friends. Turkana grapes(!!) & John 15.
229. Pretty in pink.