Friday, August 10, 2012

Gifts Galore


The past two weeks have been so full of gifts it is hard to choose which ones to highlight in this post.  I spent a wonderful week in Colorado Springs with the Academy Christian Church family.  I enjoyed getting to spend time with their children for their week of vacation Bible school.  I also had a wonderful time getting to know several families better as I was hosted for meals and a place to stay.  After that week, I spent a week way ‘up north’ in Boulder Junction, Wisconsin.  My extended family shares a couple of small cabins on the shore of Boulder lake.  I have not been up to the cabin since I was 12.  I had a lovely week there with my parents, brother and niece.

These weeks have been full of a variety of amazing gifts from God.  As I continue with my counting of the gifts I want to share a small portion of those gifts with you.  This is a wonderful way of bringing my focus into the present moment and keeping me thankful no matter what happens in the day.  I encourage you to try it.  Just list a couple of gifts each day and you may find you are much more thankful at the end of the day.

680. Pajama day at VBS.  Such cute kids!

681. Seven Falls visit and seeing several sights around Co. Springs.

682. Dinner with the Mangels at Jose Muldoons.  I think Jose was a little confused about his roots :), but the food was great.

683. Western day at VBS and a fun day talking about Turkana food and play.
684. Taco Bell lunch – My first since being home -Tasty!
685. Fun wandering around the Broadmoor grounds with Diane Meyer and getting frozen yogurt for dessert.
686. A delicious dinner and fun visit with the Holts.
687. Getting all the pictures I needed for VBS.
688. Super hero and princess day.  So many cute ideas.
capes and shields
 689. A good trip home to Conifer and back to Co. Springs with no problems.
690. Hawaiian day and a good closing at VBS.
691.  A very lavish offering from the kids for the work in Turkana!
692. I made it to Indianapolis by plane without getting bumped off the overbooked flight.
693. Laundry done and ready to be packed for the trip to WI tomorrow.
694. A fun picnic with Milligan alumni at the Indians’ baseball game.  So good to see several friends there!

695. “Take me out to the ballpark!  Take me out to the game!”  Indians won the game and I had peanuts in my Cracker Jacks.  :)

696. Mark had a dental emergency, but we were still able to leave for our road trip to Wisconsin in good time.
697. Another first for this furlough – Arbys for lunch – Yum.
698. We got to the cabin late, but our beds were made.  I loved this fun old bushel basket in the bathroom.

699. A first real look in sunlight at the cabin.  A cute little place That is smaller than I remember it.

700. We got stocked up for the week at the grocery store in Minoqua.
701. Several signs pointing the way to the Pottenger Cabins.  It was fun to see our name along with others at the intersections of roads up here.


702. The beautiful lake and tall trees reaching for the sky.

703. The ‘Sermon on the Mount” rock and the walk there I took with Dad and Mark as we wandered through our memories.
That's Mark up on the rock - it is huge!
 704. The sweet sound of the loon on the lake.
705. Little Bohemia and the Aberdeens visited.  They feature in U.S. history and in the movie ‘Public Enemy.’

bullet holes from the shootout 

706. A visit to a Cranberry bog.  Things grow in some amazing places!

707. Exploring Boulder Junction town.

 708. Wind rustling the leaves, trees and my hair.
709. A very nice bike ride with Mark and Indy.
710. Mark able to laugh with the people in the ER as they checked out his broken collar bone.
711. A good day just enjoying the Lord and His Creation.

712. Re-packing and getting ready to leave tomorrow.  Savoring the time spent here.
713. A fun fish fry and desserts with the Foster family.
714. A red full moon sighted on the way back to the cabin.
3 gifts sitting
715. In the car watching all the white birch trees going by on our way back to IN.

716. At a table with my family all around eating lunch.
717. Pondering all God’s gifts as we travel.
718. Worshipping the Lord with my family at MPCC.
719. Lunch with long time friends and family after church.
720. Fried Pickles – a new taste experience.
721. Lunch at the Ayers Tearoom with Mom & old friends.

722. Chicken Salad from there is still delicious.
723. A hard thing to give thanks for and hard praying because of it.  It made the testimony from one of the ladies at lunch speak to the situation.  Thanks to the Lord for her words from His Word!
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be make known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Phil 4:6&7

The Lord has been good to me these past few weeks.  How about you?  How has he been blessing you?  I’d love to hear from you.

I linked up here 
 

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful way of bringing my focus into the gifts moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great way to focus on God's gifts. Thanks for stopping by Muhammad!

      Delete