This past week I again noticed lots of footprints while out on my walks. There were footprints of people, animals, bikes and other vehicles. Footprints leave impressions of those who have passed by. Any Turkana person can track a lost animal. They just follow the footprints. Some are really good and can tell you many things about the one who made the impression. I even had one man who showed me where a snake went into a building and then where it came out and went away. How he knew what direction that line was going in I will never know, but I never saw the snake in the building so I know he was right.
This year I am trying to count the ways that the Lord has made an impression on my days. He leaves footprints that point to Him all over the world and all over our days. They are there for us to find if we but open our eyes to see. Below are a few of the ways He impressed me each day this past week and left footprints for me to see Him. I give thanks for these footprints of His.
3 gifts redeemed
278. An old tire holding down the top of a roof.
|redeemed for a new use|
279. A challenging walk and time to think on being redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.
280. A cleaned out bookshelf and the start of "spring" cleaning. Now room for new books! :)
|redeemed for new books!|
281. Bright stars in the night sky.
282. A day of rest and planning for the week.
283. Refreshing late afternoon swim on a hot day - over 100* today.
284. A beautiful sunset. Better to my eye than in my camera.
285. Ducks in the Turkana desert!
286. His promise that "He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world!" 1 Jn 4:4
287. Two year old Hannah Harris dressed herself in pink shorts, 1 tan sock, 1 black sock, bright red water shoes, no shirt and a pink purse slung across her chest. Brought a smile when I saw her.
3 gifts uncovered
288. Dirty feet and socks when I took my shoes off after my walk. The dust here is very fine and even gets into tennis shoes that are well sealed.
289. Unknowingly uncovered Longok's thankfulness to an answered prayer when I gave him a hat.
290. My electrical fuse box uncovered and restored after Monday's burning and temporary fix.
a gift heard, held and hoped for
291. A small yellow sunbird singing in the tree.
292. Ichwa's smile and laughter as he plays with bubbles held in my heart.
293. A "well done, good and faithful daughter." hoped for from Him!
294. Rain! Thankfully no one was around to take my picture doing the happy dance :).
295. The distinctive fragrance of Turkana rain.
296. Enjoying the sound of light rain on the Harrises tin roof while the kids play outside in the rain.
3 gifts white
297. Though my sins are as scarlet, they will be white as snow!
|a completely unknown experience in this desert that I now live in!|
298. Kids playing with a ball of foam and white plastic.
299. My white home.
Every living being on this earth leaves footprints of its passing. Even a few non-living things like bikes and vehicles. Do you think about the impression you are leaving? I want my footprints to make an impression of one who followed the Lord. What impression do you want to leave?